Embark on a trip to a distant place, unscathed by modernization, where you will encounter life as it used to be in the era gone by. Situated in a secluded corner in the mountains, Upper Mustang is alternatively known as the “Last Forbidden Kingdom” of Nepal . Upper Mustang only dessert like the area of Nepal. Since Lo Manthang, for the longest time, was forbidden to be visited by outsiders ,Upper Mustang Trek is an excellent opportunity to explore the Tibetan culture preserved in its purest forms. Upper Mustang trek is a scenic as well as a cultural journey for all travel enthusiasts.
Upper Mustang Trek typically begins by flying from Pokhara to the windy town of Jomsom in the lower Mustang Region. Immediately after landing in Jomsom, the landscape turns from green and damp to sandy and dry. Upper Mustang Trek trail then reaches the famous settlement of Kagbeni walking on the sandy dunes amid the strong winds. As the trail enters Upper Mustang area, the colorful desert landscape, gorges, and ravines fill up our panorama. We witness the purest form of Tibetan Buddhism as we walk past several rugged villages like Chele, Gheling, and Drakmar among others, on our way to Lo Manthang (4000 m). Lo Manthang is the major highlight of Upper Mustang Trek as the walled capital of former Kingdom of Mustang still has remnants of the royal life in the lap of the Himalayas. We follow the Kali Gandaki River valley from the Hindu plains in the south to the Buddhist villages and people in the upper gorges. Then, we continue to the north and reach Chhuksang from where we descend down to Jomsom to catch a flight to Pokhara.
We assure to make the trek even more interesting with our qualified, experienced and modest team that will keep your safety checked while you lose yourself in natural surroundings throughout the trek.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m)
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu and trek preparation
Day 03: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 04: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (827m): 5-6 hours
Day 05: Fly to Jomsom (2,700m) and trek to Kagbeni (2,810m): 3-4 hours trek
Day 06: Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m): 5-6 hours
Day 07: Chele to Giling
Day 08: Giling to Drakmar
Day 09: Drakmar to Tsarang (3,620m): 5-6 hours
Day 10: Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3,730m): 3-4 hours
Day 11: Explore Lo Manthang
Day 12: Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar (3810 m): 6-7 hours
Day 13: Dragmar to Ghiling (3,806m): 5-6 hours
Day 14: Ghiling to Chhuksang (3050m): 5-6 hours
Day 15: Chhuksang to Jomsom (2,700): 6-7 hours
Day 16: Fly back to Pokhara
Day 17: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 18: Free day in Kathmandu and farewell dinner
Day 19: Final departure
Dates & Price All The Dates Are Guaranteed
- International flights transfer.
- Kathmandu hotel in a double/twin room sharing.
- Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kathmandu drive.
- Accommodation in trekking at best available Teahouse/Lodge.
- Daily breakfast.
- NSA Provides duffel bag for porter;
- Experience professional trek guide, accredited by the Nepal government.
- Trekking permits and local taxes for the region
- Porters required to carry all personal gear; 1 porter per 2 trekkers.
- Group first Aid Kit.
- Insurance for all our staff.
- Nepal Social Adventures T-shirt.
- Trekking map for each trekkers.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and dinner on the trip.
- Personal travel insurance; medical and evacuation insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$40 for one month, US$ 25 for 15 days.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water.
- Tips for trekking guide & porters which is expected,
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.