Lhasa situated at an elevation of 3650 meters in southern Tibet is a mysterious, magical, and spiritual place composed of prominent monasteries and palaces considered holy by Tibetan Buddhists. Featuring snow-capped mountains, huge glaciers, sacred lakes and other natural landscapes. Overland Lhasa Tour is the most popular tour in Tibet.
The tour starts from Kathmandu as we travel to Nepal-Tibet border of Rasuwagadhi. During the tour, we visit beautiful Tibetan cities such as Gyantse, Shigatse, Sakya, Rongbuk, and Gyirong to finally reach Lhasa. We also explore the mystical Yamdrok Lake, conquer a few high passes, and visit popular Tibetan monasteries like Sakya, Tashi Lhunpo, Shalu, Sera. And Rongbuk–world’s highest monastery–all the while being surrounded by the enthralling Himalayas. The city of Lhasa is captivating mostly because of its religious importance. The center of the city is occupied by the four-storied Tsuglagkhang or Jokhang, a temple built in the mid-7th centur. It is considered as the holiest place in Tibet. Other landmarks include Potala Palace, once the winter residence of the Dalai Lama . Norbulingka (Jewel Palace), once the summer residence of the Dalai Lama, but now open to the public as People’s Park. Drepung and Sera–two of the largest monasteries in Tibet–are also tourist destinations of the city. Summer (March to May), when the temperature is warmer, is the best time to visit Lhasa, for you can travel to high altitudes and enjoy stunning views of the mountains.
This popular tour is deemed guilty of hypnotizing people as it combines the country’s most famous landmarks and sacred sites along with diverse natural landscapes into a package. With our team of highly experienced and friendly guides, the tour is undoubtedly going to be even more hypnotizing.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Kerung via Rasuwagadhi 150km
Day 02: Kerung to Tingri 300km
Day 03: Tingri to Shigatse via Sakya 360km (B)
Day 04: Shigatse to Lhasa via Gyantse 375km (B)
Day 05: Lhasa Tour – Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace (B)
Day 06: Lhasa Tour – Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street (B)
Day 07: Depart from Lhasa back to Kathmandu (B)
Day 08: Rest/Depart from Kathmandu
Dates & Price All The Dates Are Guaranteed
- International flights transfer.
- Hotel in a double/twin room sharing.
- Guided tour of the city with all entry fees as per Itinerary.
- Tibet Travel Permit and Visa fees with permit processing
- Accommodation in tour at best available Teahouse/Lodge.
- Daily breakfast
- Experience professional tour guide
- Tour permits and local taxes for the region
- Group first Aid Kit.
- Insurance for all our staff.
- Nepal Social Adventures T-shirt.
- Trekking map for each trekker.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal travel insurance; medical and evacuation insurance.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water.
- Tips for trekking guide & porters which is expected
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.